Summer Band 2017 begins July 31st!!
Monday - Friday, July 31 - August 11 at the SHS Band Hall
- 9:00am - 12:00pm Rehearsal
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm Lunch
- 1:00pm - 5:00pm Rehearsal
All 2017 Sweetwater Marching Band members are required to attend each day and part of Summer Band. If a student has a conflict, he or she must respectfully notify the director at least two days prior to missing a rehearsal.
What to bring?
- Water jug that is at least 1/2 a gallon large with water in it. A 20 oz. bottle is not sufficient.
- Your instrument, if you own one.
- $60 payment for marching supplies
- This pays for your new marching shoes, shirt, flipbook, lyre, and 2 pair of gloves. These things will last you for years. Seniors of 2017 may receive a rebate for turned in equipment at the end of the year.
- Cash or checks. Check should be made to SHS Band.
- Lunch, if you want to stay in the band hall during the lunch hour.
What to wear?
- Short sleeved T-shirt
- Tennis Shoes - Cross trainer or running shoes are the best choice. Converse and Vans do not offer proper arch and heel support which can cause injury.
- Bug repellent - There may be times we need to be on the grass field.
A few tips...
- Students should keep in mind that we will be spending up to 3-4 hours outside during rehearsals when they make food choices.
- Milk and dairy products don’t tend to sit will in a moving stomach in the heat. Breakfasts that are high in protein such as peanut butter toast or even toast with small amounts of egg are great.
- Sodas and some other sugary drinks are diuretics and tend to dehydrate. While it’s okay for students to drink sodas, it’s best to supplement with water on more occasions during the fall season. The more hydrated you are while indoors, the better you will fare outdoors.
- “Chips and a coke” are not an ideal lunch to get ready for afternoon rehearsals. Students should eat a good solid lunch for sustained energy during afternoon rehearsals.